Links to Related Sites
The websites listed here offer offer a variety of free information about attention deficit disorders. Most specialize in issues concerning children and adolescents; some focus more on adults. Many are sponsored by ADD support and advocacy organizations and provide detailed, downloadable information that has been evaluated and approved by a professional advisory board; others are less selective and may include reports that are not adequately supported by scientific research. Some list contact information for local support and advocacy groups concerned with attention deficit disorders. Many have links to related organizations, and all are nonprofit.
International Websites Based in the United States
- chadd.org offers scientifically reliable information in English and Spanish about ADD in children, adolescents, and adults. Sponsored by Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD), the largest ADHD support and advocacy organization in the United States, has downloadable fact sheets of science-based information for parents, educators, professionals, the media, and the general public. The site also includes contact information for two hundred local chapters of CHADD throughout the United States.
- help4adhd.org presents evidence-based information in English and Spanish about ADD in children, adolescents, and adults. This national clearing house of downloadable information and resources concerning many aspects of ADHD is funded by the U.S. government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and operated by CHADD. New material is added frequently, and questions directed to the site are responded to by knowledgeable health-information specialists.
- add.org is a resource in English for adults with ADD. Sponsored by Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA), the world’s largest organization for adults with ADHD, it provides information, resources, and networking opportunities.
International Websites Based in the United Kingdom
- firstname.lastname@example.org presents information in English about ADHD across the lifespan. It serves patients, parents, teachers, and health professionals, and questions received by phone or email are answered. This site is sponsored by the National Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service in the United Kingdom.
- adders.org provides a wide variety of information about ADHD in English, French, German, and Spanish. It posts websites and email addresses for support groups in forty different countries.
Websites with a National Focus
The following websites are sponsored by ADHD education and advocacy organizations in various countries. Some are much better established and provide much more reliable information than others. Many list addresses for local groups within their country. Usually the material is presented in the dominant language of the country listed.
ADD Association, Queensland (ADDAQ), http://www.addaq.org.au
Learning and Attentional Disorders Society (LADS), http://www.ladswa.com.au
Learning Difficulties Coalition NSW, http://www.learningdifficultiescoalition.org.au
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland